Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hi, my name is Susan and I love food.....

Well...I have finally done it. I have joined Weight Watchers. Now, I know that I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I just feel like I need a little more structure and to have more awareness with my food choices. I have probably put on about 15 lbs since my wedding and while its not the end of the world, it just makes me uncomfortable. And I really believe in the WW system...they really do encourage you to eat REAL food the right way and exercise. Plus, I LOVE to cook, so it will be fun experimenting with slimming down my recipes.

That said, day one (Sunday) didn't go well. I decided to join online and I had already eaten breakfast and lunch. Can you say points overload? I had to dive into my weekly allowance and basically crushed it.

Day two went much better, but my stomach was in shock! I felt hungry the entire day because I hadn't gone grocery shopping yet and didn't have any healthy snacks....and I think my body was wondering where the hell all the calories went!

Day three (today) is going much more smoothly. I went shopping this morning and loaded up on veggies and lighter options for salad dressings and such.

My son's therapist (he was a preemie and gets PT/OT weekly) cancelled today...so I am actually going to set foot on my pristine treadmill. I can actually earn a couple more points that way...which is a huge incentive.

Anyway, I am very excited about eating better and exercising. I will keep you all posted on how it is going. If there are any other WW members out there that want to share their success stories, please post!

Also working on another kit. I hope to release it next week. I'll post a preview here in a day or two. Hint: it will be specially priced for newsletter members.

Take care,
Chef

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with WW! I did it a few years ago, post baby #2, and it was great. It really helped. I find that a little handful of nuts kept me from getting hungry. I forget what the points were, and there weren't that many nuts in that handful, but it helped all the same.

I also stopped drinking milk, and started taking those chewy calcium caramels. Milk has too many calories!! LOL! The things one has to do...

And even though I never liked it before, drinking lots of Crystal Light kept me from having a late night sweet tooth.

Their Key Lime Pie is awesome!! Gotta try it.

And those are my tips du jour! :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger J F said...

hi susan, just a fellow blogger browsin the sites. i like your blog! =) is it ok if i add u as a link from my own? jaqlin.blogspot.com

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home