Sunday, July 10, 2005

Home at Last! And new forums!

I am home in Boston. We put off our return until today. Usually we like to drive home to Boston on a Saturday as the NJ turnpike traffic can be horrid on Sundays....but we were just too tired Saturday night. We really lucked out today. We did hit some traffic in NJ and NY, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. Ben was really sweet on the entire ride and just started to freak out once we were near home. I guess 6.5 hours in a carseat isn't terribly fun.

Needless to say, I am exhausted....sometimes I need a vacation from my vacation. Know what I mean? I just need some time to settle back into the routine, etc. I did, however, set up a new forum section on the site. I have been wanting to do this for awhile now....and my hosting provider just recently offered the software for free. So, I spent some time tonight setting it up. I have to say that it's not the greatest interface in the world. As it stands now, because it is an application run on shared hosting, it is not customizable. I am hoping the software manufacturer will change that soon. If they do not, I might have to purchase a different forum package. We'll see.

In the meantime, stop by and check it out. I know there are a lot of forums out there. But I decided to open mine and allow discussion and direct linking to other scrapping sites. I really want to support digi-scrapping as an industry and there really isn't a place where scrappers can discuss great kits, sales, freebies, etc. with violating some sites' TOUs. I am not really worried about the impact of competition....I just want scrappers to have an open forums where they can aggregate info.

So....I hope to see some of you there. I am going to be working on a new Gallery next. Also, I have a new kit in the works and a DT call to work on. Very busy. Better get some sleep.

Bon soir,
Chef

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home