Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Teletubbies, Boobah & the Shabby Shoppe Re-Opening

Ok...who on earth created Teletubbies and Boobah? Were these people on drugs at the time? Watching makes you think you are on drugs, I swear. Well...my son has developed a facination with Teletubbies (he pronounces it "TeTeTe") and Boobah (pronounced "Beebah"). We really try to limit his television viewing because it isn't great for enriching his development and he is already behind as it is. But in addition, he has also developed a penchant for tantrums. So, he now requests TeTeTe and Beebah relentlessly. If I say no, I have a freak out on my hands. Ahhh...the joys of motherhood. But seriously, TeTeTe and Beebah have got to GO! I tried putting Elmo on instead (used to be his favorite) and he completely lost his mind! I am hoping this is just a phase.

Well, we are now a week away from the big Shabby Shoppe Grand Re-Opening and as some of you may know, I have designed a kit for Kristie's site. It is called Sporto and it is a boy-sports-themed kit. Here is a preview:

Image hosting by Photobucket

I am really excited to be a part of this event (thanks for including me, Kristie!). I cannot wait to see the work of all the designers. The previews on Kristie's blog so far are amazing.

Well, I am back to creating another kit. Hope to have it out soon!

Actually...it is time for bed. Nite nite!
~Chef

6 Comments:

Blogger Craft Tea Lady said...

Susan: I love the new kit that is up and coming to the Shabby Shoppe!!! I'm lovin' it!

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe we have a 4 1/2 year old and a 3 year old and beebah was all they wanted to watch for a long time. i feel for you. we never had to worry about teletubbies or barney because from a very young age we just told them that they were yucky. now if they see them on in the dr. office or anywhere for that matter, they tell me, "Mom we don't like (teletubbies) barney, barney is yucky!" they don't really care about beebah anymore either. i am sure it will work it self out. good luck!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Matthew is still in a Christmas Kick! Polar Express - Wiggles Christmas Pack - Frosty, Rudolph, Santa's Coming to Town! He's also on a The Incredibles Kick! So hard to get them into something else or something new! And they SOOOOO know what they want!
I played with Sporto and got them posted tonight! Yummy!
I can't wait till Tues! The other previews look so good too!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

One of my must haves for the re-opening this looks fabulous Susan! Whatever you don't let him see the Doodlebops on Disney, they're freaky and the song will get stuck in your head all day!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to laugh. i'd say most of children's programming is done by someone on drugs. the stuff is loud, bright, annoyingly repetitious, but my son LOVES it. he hasn't "found" the teletubbies yet, but the wiggles, yes. little einsteins, yes. and god forbid if we should put the wrong one in the player, but really, "iggos" and "goat" don't sound that different. wish you luck in your battle against beebah and gang! and shabby shoppe's reopening!

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Susan, I was just catching up on some of my blog reading and just had to comment on the boobah and teletubbies post. I hear ya sister. First time I saw both of these shows I thought "what the heck???" And you know, my non tv loving son LOVES them as well, and only saw them briefly once by accident (learned my lesson with his older brother). Dang! Still don't get it, is it the colors??? Do our little ones understand what they are saying??? What the heck is it??? Very funny post. Keep on!! ~ Amy P

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home