Saturday, January 28, 2006

Sesame Street Live!!!

We took Ben to his first show tonight. My mom treated us to tickets to see Sesame Street Live. It was really a blast. I didn't know what to expect as this was our first children's show as well. Ben was a little tentative at first...the lights and sounds were a bit overwhelming....but then he warmed up and loved the show. He was pointing at the characters and smiling and I was so happy that he understood what was going on.

It was really dark in the theatre, so my photos are a bit grainy. Here is a shot of the stage before the show.

Image hosting by Photobucket

All the characters came out and started dancing and singing. Ben loves Elmo, but Ernie is running a close second.

Image hosting by Photobucket

During intermission, they play a cruel trick on the parents. The lights come up and two people come out carrying a huge bouquet of Elmo balloons for sale.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Every child in the place went nuts screaming for a balloon. What parent can say no?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Apparently, not us! You will not believe this. Guess how much a mylar Elmo balloon costs? No...now double it.....

$8 DOLLARS!!!! Can you believe that???? Of course, you find that out once you get in line with your child to get a balloon. What are you going to say when you get up there? NO? I don't think so!!!! Well....we never go out and this was Ben's first big outting....so we got the balloon....oh, and a really overpriced flashy-spinny-light-thingy. What the heck....you are only a child once, right? And Ben adores Sesame Street.

We love you Elmo.

~Chef

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, how cute is that? I know, aren't they shameles with the balloon rip-off? Like you could say no. I pity the poor parents who didn't get a balloon!

Now Jett wants to go see Dora! The tickets are $50 each! YOWZERS!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

I know how you feel - I went to see Bear in the Big Blue House when it was showing in Australia about three years ago - they came out at the interval with these showbags! ANother time, at another show, it was balloons - I thought I was paying at lot at $8 Australian! Seems not - LOL. I hope the balloon lasted for a little while.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home