Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tagged by Linda and self portrait.

So, I have been tagged by Linda. It took me forever to get around to responding. Sorry about that....

5 things I plan to do before I die:
1. Watch my son graduate from High School.
2. Visit Venice again.
3. Visit Paris again.
4. Adopt a daughter.
5. Become fluent in French and learn piano.

5 things I can do:
1. Adore my family.
2. Ballroom dance.
3. Speak very broken French.
4. Name that tune in 1 note.
5. Figure techie things out.

5 things I cannot do:
1. Tolerate bigotry of any kind.
2. Bear my husband's obsession with the remote control.
3. Eat 2 day old left overs (unless it is pizza).
4. Hide my opinions (aka Shut the Hell Up).
5. Be unkind to animals.

5 Things that attract me to the opposite sex:
1. Intelligence.
2. Sense of humor.
3. Appreciation of art, music, film, travel, etc.
4. Confidence.
5. Politically aligned with my views.

5 things I say most often:
1. I love you.
2. You stink Poochie!
3. I'm cold.
4. You did it!
5. Shut up! (sarcastically)

5 celebrity crushes:
1. George Clooney
2. Justin Timberlake
3. Steve Martin
4. Tobey Maguire
5. Patrick Dempsey (Grey's Anatomy Dempsey)

So, I recently purchased a Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM Zoom Lens and I wanted to try it out a bit doing portraits. I went to Joanne and got some black velveteen fabric for the backdrop When my son went down for a nap, I tried to take some self portraits. Of course, I was looking totally gross (hadn't showered or put on makeup yet) but I couldn't wait to play. Anyway, here is the best one of the bunch.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Still trying to figure out the settings, distance from the backdrop, etc. I have been reading the posts on the Photography board at 2 Peas. Very helpful!

Also, we just opened up the galleries at ScrapKitchen. Users can now post layouts of any kind (no requirement to use ScrapKitchen products). I also added a Photography gallery and one for challenges and contests. I'm hoping to get a few things going soon.

Well...off to have a bite to eat.

TTYL,
~Chef

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh shut up! LOL! You look totally cute! You have to see me... covered in spit up...nice.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get a load of you...you look GOOD unshowered and without makeup! lol

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home