Friday, September 23, 2005

Small Victories, A New Therapist, and the Pumpkin Patch

So today brought a small victory for Ben. He actually ate a whole Goldfish cracker without having to break it in half! I know this might not sound like a big deal but he really has trouble with textured food and large quantities of food in his mouth. Normally, this would have triggered a vomit, but he handled it like a champ today. In fact, he came back for 4 more! I am so proud of him. Oh yeah, and he has added a new word to his arsenal, MONKEY!!! Woo Hoo! Go Ben!

His new Floortime therapist started today. She is really sweet and gentle. He responded to her right away! I am excited that she is on the team. She is going to see him 6 hours a week! We are so fortunate to be in the town we are in. Our early intervention group is superb. Love them.

So, we were on such a high, we decided to make an impromptu visit to the pumpkin patch today. The lighting was perfect as it was 6 pm and the sun was setting. We are so excited because, for some reason, they had new calves at the Petting Stalls. Ben got to feed a sweet sweet cow. It was amazing. He was so happy. He also got to see ducks and was wigging out! Of course, my camera's battery died before I got pictures of the cow. Uggh! So, we are going to go back this weekend. In the meantime, here are some pictures that I did get:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thankful for days like today.

~Chef

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I can so relate to the goldfish cracker! Yay for Ben! And, yes, I can relate to the importance of a great EI team too! :)
Looks like an amazing pumpikn patch! That's the problem with being in AZ - it's just too hot yet to get any pumpkins. They dissenagate before Halloween if we get them now!
Hope you've had a great weekend!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan! YAY FOR BEN!!! I am so happy for him, what an exciting day at the pumpkin patch...he looks soooo happy! The photos turned out excellent.
Big Hugs,

Jennifer

8:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Woohoo Ben! So good to hear that he is doing superb. I just love seeing photos of him. He is always sooo happy. What a sweetie.

And I hear ya on the camera thing. I took all these photos of Zane finally riding his bike today, and my CF card went kapoot!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have read your blog a couple of times via two peas, but didn't realize you are doing Floortime! Congrats and kudos!! We do Floortime w/ our 5 year old son who has Aspergers.
I love your digi kits also!!

Jackie

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home