Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Another yucky check up

Ben had another check up down at Children's in Boston today. This time to see his pulmonologist. She recommended that Ben receive Synagis injections for a third year. Basically Synagis is sort of a "vaccine" to prevent RSV. Most babies get RSV in the first two years of life. To adults, it is just a cold. To a normal baby, it can be serious. To a child like Ben with a precarious lung situation, it can be deadly. So, he is going to have to receive the antibody injections every month. I feel so badly for him but I know it is a necessary precaution to keep him healthy.

Also, we realized that Ben has only gained a half pound since April. I am getting really concerned. It is so confusing to me because he is eating more than he EVER has. I just don't get it. He has been tested for the big problems that could cause this (CF, allergies, Celiac) and has tested negative which is great news....but we just can't figure out why he isn't gaining weight. Clearly not enough calories. I feel like I am constantly feeding him. Anyway, he is going to be seen by the growth and nutrition clinic in Boston. We've already been there once....hopefully this time, they can help us a little more. Here he is in his highchair:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On a lighter note, I have been enjoying some of the premieres on tv this week. I am not a huge tv watcher, but there are couple of shows I am following. I am loving "Martha" and "The Apprentice Martha Stewart". She is my idol. Also, "The Office" is hysterical. "The Daily Show" is also one of my favs. Keeping an eye on Hurricane Rita....it is looking REALLY scary now. Category 5 and 175 mph winds. I am so worried for people on the coast. I hope people are getting out with their families and pets.

Well...gotta head to bed.

~Chef

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home