Sunday, November 12, 2006

She's here!

So, I know I have been away for awhile....but with good reason. Madeleine Shea arrived early on September 14th. I had been in the hospital due to the preeclampsia when the doctors decided it was time to deliver her. She was delivered at 34 weeks and weighed 5 lbs 3 oz. A pretty good size for as early as she was. Luckily, she didn't really need any NICU support and came home with me when I was discharged. Here is our birth announcement:



She has been doing really well...gaining a ton of weight. I am still in the fog of round the clock feedings, but I am hoping that starts to slow down soon.

I really miss being online and hope to get back soon. I am sorry I have been incommunicado for so long.

Well...more later....

Chef

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so thrilled for your family and glad that Maddie is healthy and happy! Thanks for blogging again!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Magz said...

So glad to hear that all of you are doing well. I have been thinking about you everyday and hoping nothing had gone wrong.

I have an 8 mth old and 2 1/2 yr old, so I know the transition from 1 toddler to two kids can take some time.

I'm sure you know the round the clock feeding will end soon. Hang in there!

Oh, and Maddy is beautiful! Hope Ben is enjoying being a big brother.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Susan Congratulations! Madeleine is soooo adorable!

I've been wondering how everything was going and have kept you all in my prayers.

I am sorry that Madeleine arrived so early but very glad for you all that she was able to come home so quickly and even more important that you were able to avoid the NICU roller-coaster this time!

I'll bet that Ben is just loving being a big brother :)

Hope that you're getting plenty of rest and that Madeleine continues to do so well after such an early start.

Congratulations again and best wishes.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Susan. She's so beautiful.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

What a beauty. I'm glad Anita pointed me this way because we've all been wondering and asking for updates on DST. Congrats and hugs to your family.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home