Saturday, September 02, 2006

Blogging from Tufts New England Medical Center

Yes....that's right....I am now on bedrest in the hospital. I am at 32 1/2 weeks and my PE is starting to show up. Higher blood pressures and some protein have arrived, along with a little swelling. Also, my platelets are starting to drop, so my Peri thought it best to keep me in the hospital....at least until things stabilize. If they don't stabilize, I will be here for the rest of the pregnancy. I am hoping to get to at least 34 weeks before they have to deliver me. Right now, I am pretty optimistic that 34 weeks is possible. 36-37 weeks would be ideal! Hang in there Madeleine...you're almost done cooking.

The good news is, they have internet access here!!! Yes, it is dial up...but it is better than nothing. At least I can surf and keep up with the boards. I guess I won't be working on any autumn or halloween kits (which makes me sad because this is my favorite time of year). Also, I am a little bummed out because Ben's first day of pre-school is next week and I am probably going to miss it. But, I will make my hubby take lots of pictures.

My mom came up to help out while I am in the hospital. Not sure what we would do without her. It is so hard to have a toddler at home and be on bedrest in the hospital They are actually on their way in now to visit me.

Well...my nurse just came in....so I gotta hop. More later.

~Chef

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Tihinking of you and Madeline, Susan! Will have you in my thoughts and prayers! She can do it! She cna hold on at least a little longer! :)
Bummer on the 1st day of school, but yay on the internet access!
Have a great day, Susan! :)

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow--quite a lot going on for you--I've been thinking of you. Hang in there, baby!! I've got a ton of good wishes going out for the both of you.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my... hang in there, all of you. I have to admit. My first reaction when I read 32 1/2 weeks was relief. As the mom of a 33 weeker (PE here too), it was so much better than it could have been. He was basically a feeder grower at that point. I hope you can keep Maddy in there longer (sending 36+ weeker vibes to you) and keeping you guys in my prayers for a healthy outcome.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Lauren Teather said...

Whaaa??? Susan!! I'm so glad I checked in... can't believe you're on bedrest.. but at least you've made it this far, eh? Hang in there sweet Madeleine!! And Ben's starting preschool?? Oh my gosh how time flies!! I can't beleive it! Susan, I'll be thinking of you and your family... thank goodness for internet access!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Jen Strange said...

yikes! well, at least you have internet access, right? I hope everything goes well for you!!! I'll be thinking of you, hon!

jen

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home