Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It's Done!!! But...Oooops

Well, I finished the hat. And once again, it is WAY to large. Now, admittedly, this is probably my fault since I didn't do a gauge this time. Not sure why I didn't.....I guess I forgot. However, I knitted the size marked as 6 - 12 months....but as you can see from my super-model son, who is 3.5 years old and has a large noggin, it is too big for him!!!!



And let's talk about the felted flower applique....it is gi-normous! How on earth could a baby wear that thing on her head?? The flower is actually one size fits all according to the pattern. I used different yarn then the patterned called for and maybe that is where I went wrong.



I actually tried the hat on to see if I could wear it, but it did not fit. So, it is March (as of tomorrow) and I still have not successfully knitted my daughter a winter hat (the daisy hat was also too large). Well...all of these mistakes are part of the learning process. (Note to self, always do a gauge, and follow the damn pattern.)

Working on more goodies for the Kitchen. Lots of stuff half-done. I just have to sit down and push through. Upgraded my computer with more RAM and an EHD....hoping that speeds things up a bit.

Tomorrow, we are supposed to be getting more snow. I hope we do because we haven't had much this year and this is the first time my son actually can appreciate it. He loves to go sledding and to make snowballs with my hubbs.



Love that pic! Well...hope you all are having a nice week. More later.

~Chef

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry it didn't turn out. It is still an adorable hat.

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the hat! It looks especially fetching on your little guy!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Aww. Try re-felting the flower. HOT water, LOTS of agitations! It should shrink up quite nicely! :) The hat, though.... well! You live, you learn! ;)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Goosey said...

Girlie! Up early today and found your site! Congrats on the paper company! That is awsome!
I love the hat! LOVE it! Let me know if you are in the biz to make an adult size. I'd buy it in a minute. The huge flower rocks! Think you have a business right there!
Hope all is well!

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home